26 February 2009

Le Crêpe Party

Mesdames et Messieurs,
It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to "Le Crêpe Party", which has changed my life! Best. Kitchen. Gadget. Ever.
 

If you are asking yourself, "Self, is that a fancy griddle-type thing that allows you to cook six individual crepes at the same time?", the answer is yes... yes it is.

And if you are now wondering, "Self, would it also be possible to fry an egg on that there device?", I shall waste no time in giving you the answer:
 

If you need to take a moment to deal with how awesome this thing is, I understand completely. Take your time. Breathe in, breathe out.

It practically goes without saying that "Le Crêpe Party" was exactly what we needed for a little Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras celebration.
 


Is that salad on Tanya's plate? I think somebody needs to explain the whole "Mardi Gras" concept to her...
 
Posted by Picasa


Speaking of not understanding the concept, I am completely befuddled by the fact that the Frenchies are all about Marshmallow Fluff. Just the other day, FQ bought a jar of it at the local supermarché (what the heck was it doing there??!) and has been putting it on baguettes, on pieces of toast, in hot chocolate... I'm sure he eats it out of the jar with a spoon when I'm not looking. As for Thibault, he went crazy for the combination of "le Fluff et la crêpe". I'm pretty sure the French government will come and take away his passport if they ever see this photo.
 
Posted by Picasa


Anyway, back to my latest obsession. I have seen "Le Crêpe Party" for sale in lots of stores here. It's made by Tefal, but I have never ever seen such a thing outside of France.

And you want to know the best part? It comes with six tiny frying pans that you place on the burners, thereby transforming "Le Crêpe Party" into "Le Wok Party". Yes, I am totally serious, and yes, we have already tested that out. But you'll have to be patient... "Le Wok Party" is deserving of a whole different post, n'est-ce pas ?

2 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Love, love, love it! One day when I come for a sleepover, can we break it out at breakfast-time? Please!?

Anonymous said...

I so need one! Do you think they ship to Canada?

A friend of mine in Ottawa u]had a crepe machine but he left for Mexico... I need a replacement!