08 May 2008

Weekend au chocolat


It's yet another long weekend in France (there are three public holidays in May alone!) so François and I are going to see his grandma, who lives in a little village called Flavigny-sur-Ozerain in the Burgundy region of France, about 2.5 hours from where I am in Pommiers.

Why the movie poster, you ask? Well, it just so happens that Chocolat, which starred Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp, was filmed in the very same village where François' grandma lives!

You can read more about Flavigny by clicking here.

The closest city to Flavigny is Dijon, which is about an hour away. Can you say "mustard central"? I am way too keen on the idea of visiting the "museé de la moutarde"! No, I'm not even joking... life doesn't get much more fun than this!

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Did you make it to the mustard museum? I hope so!