26 May 2008

Weekend en Provence

Long time, no post! It seems that I have been far too busy enjoying life in France to bother with such things as keeping my blog up-to-date... Last time I posted, I was heading off to visit François' gran in her little village near Dijon. Since then, I have taken day trips into Lyon to visit the old city and the market, celebrated both François' dad's birthday and French Mother's Day (So many family lunches! So much good food!), and spent a few days in Provence. Whew!

So, let's start with the most recent news. I just got back from a weekend trip to Provence. My Paris friends Laure and Sophie, along with their respective British boyfriends and (last but certainly not least!) la petite Lilas, rented a country house for a week in the south of France, not too far from Avignon.

François and I decided to join them in their home-away-from-home village, Crillon-le-Brave, for a few days of R&R and south of France sunshine. We rented a bed and breakfast just a few minutes from where the Paris crowd were staying. It wasn't quite hot enough yet to take advantage of the (outdoor non-heated) pool, but the weather was just right for sitting around drinking rosé and eating delicious BBQ meals (even shish kebabs taste so much better in France... why?) Lest you think we were completely lazy, we did stray farther afield than the BBQ. We went to the Friday morning market (just wait till you see the gorgeous fruit and veg photos!) and to a fancy dancy restaurant in nearby Carpentras. We also spent some time in our hood (not too much to see in Crillon-le-Brave, but there is an incredible hotel that takes up at least half of the village... excellent photos!) Another village we visited, Pernes-les-Fontaines, was lovely in that it boasted more than 40 fountains scattered in its winding cobblestone streets (as if market and snazzy hotel photos aren't enough, there are plenty of fountain snaps too!)

All in all, it was great to see my friends again so soon after my trip to Paris, to visit a new part of France, and to relax and enjoy my last little while of vacation before things start to happen... Could it be that my days as a lady of leisure are drawing to a close? Mais oui ! More details in my next post, very soon. I promise! In the meantime, enjoy the photos of Provence!
Weekend en Provence

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Em... I love, love, love the photos! Handbag heaven, indeed! And the soaps- so gorgeous! Looks like a fantastic weekend. And you look fantastic too! So relaxed, happy and FRENCH!
xo Erin