13 June 2008

Cours d'anglais, anyone?

Today I placed an ad in Top Annonces, which is similar to the "Buy & Sell" paper at home. It will run for four weeks. Hopefully soon I'll have so many private students that I'll have to beat them off with a stick! Fingers crossed, anyway...

My annonce also gets posted on the paper's website, so click here if you're in the market for an English tutor in Gap!

In other news, today was Moving Day #1 and it was busy busy busy. I signed the lease bright and early. (Was the lease six million pages long and did I have to read and initial each page? The French don't hold anything back when it comes to paperwork!) Then I went to 14, rue de France and spent the morning waiting for/welcoming appliance delivery men, the locksmith, the guy to read the gas metre, the people from the rental agency... The two guys who had to haul our lovely new fridge up the three flights of stairs were not at all impressed. They really struggled. I was seriously worried that they would both have heart attacks! Also that they would slip and the fridge would fall (I was half a flight of stairs behind them) and crush me to death in my lovely spiral staircase! Yikes.

This afternoon we went and bought a bed and frame and somehow FQ and I managed to haul it up the stairs of doom ourselves. So at least we have something to sleep on once we are finally done moving. Tomorrow we are leaving at the crack of dawn to go back to Pommiers to pick up the rest of the stuff, then we'll come back here Sunday to finish moving in. Oof. Bring on the backache!

 
Posted by Picasa