30 June 2008

Fête du Cinema

Well, France is certainly very festive in the month of June! After the Fête de la Musique on the 21st, we are now in midst of the Fête du Cinema, which lasts three days. It takes place all over France and is a movie addict's dream. Basically, you buy one admission at the full price and then receive a kind of pass that allows you to see any subsequent movies during the three-day period for only 2 euros per film. Ce n'est pas cher! Gap has three movie theatres (all within a few minutes walk from my apartment, hooray!) and they are all participating in the Fête du Cinema.


Sunday I wasn't able to take advantage of the whole deal, as FQ and I were in Provence oohing and aahing at lavender fields (more on that soon), but tonight I made up for lost time by watching two movies back-to-back. First I saw "There Will Be Blood" in version originale (yay, no dubbing!) and then "Sagan", which is about the French author of the same name. And nobody sat right in front of me. And the theatre is air-conditioned. Bliss! Tomorrow is the last day of the Fête , so I am going to try and squeeze in another movie or two in the afternoon. All that before getting ready for "Canada Day en France", which looks like it's going to include tacos (very Canadian, I know) plus vanilla ice cream with maple syrup for dessert. Oh, and I must mention how excited I am about using the maple leaf tattoos that Erin mailed to me! The party never stops around here, eh?

No comments: