19 June 2008

Je suis chez moi!

Well... chez nous, to be exact!

That's right... FQ and I are all moved in to our fabulous new apartment in "downtown" Gap. The move went as well as moves go... pretty smooth apart from a few tense moments whilst hoisting heavy furniture up the spiral staircase. Let's just say that I got to hear the full range of FQ's dad's very French expletives!

Swearing aside, we owe François' parents a huge merci because, if they hadn't camped out here for two days after the move, we'd still be without an operational stove, washing machine, or kitchen cabinets/counters. They are très handy! Thanks to their help, we are pretty much all systems go, besides a few random boxes left to unpack and a total lack of decor... but not of ideas!

For the time being, I am just so happy to be chez moi and to be able to relax on my sofa with my cup of tea while gazing out the window at my Napoleon! Love it!

Here are a few photos from moving day last Sunday:

Moving Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Emily -

You and Francois are lucky to have such willing help for your move. You seemed to be smiling through most of it! Mom